If your small business in Ball Ground, GA uses any automobiles for work-related purposes, you will need a commercial auto insurance policy. If the vehicle is in an accident, your claim could be denied if your insurance company found out that the automobile was being used for business purposes at the time. Your business could end up being responsible for paying for the damages.
At The Sanford Group, we can help you find the right kind of coverage for your needs. Here are some examples of times when you would need a commercial auto insurance policy:
- If your business uses a vehicle to pick up or deliver goods, supplies, food, or even messages
- If a vehicle is used as a taxi
- When the vehicle is owned or leased by the business or registered to the business
- If any of your employees use your vehicle for work-related purposes
- When your business rents or leases a vehicle to someone else
- If your vehicle has equipment permanently installed, such as ladder racks or toolboxes, that are used in the business
- If your vehicle is equipped with other kinds of equipment used for your business
- Or if you have any vehicles that have a gross weight of over 10,000 pounds, such as trucks or utility vehicles, or if the vehicles have a weighted load capacity of at least 2,000 pounds
Just like with a personal auto insurance policy, you will then have options about what kind of coverage you want. Liability coverage, collision coverage, and uninsured/underinsured motorists are just a few examples. If you want to speak about a policy to protect your Ball Ground, GA business, please call The Sanford Group today.